Dorota Lato , founder and owner of Musik21 is also founder and president of Chopin Society of Atlanta. The Chopin Society of Atlanta is a non-profit organization that since early 2000 has been devoted to promoting Fryderyk Chopin’s music. The essence of our mission lies in enriching children’s education and fostering an appreciation for classical music.
We believe that music represents a universal language that reaches the depths of emotions, stirs the imagination and helps our youth gain a better understanding and respect for each other. Our programs not only help youth appreciate the beauty of classical music but develop self-esteem and become a positive influence on their peers, demonstrating that listening to and playing classical music can translate into lifelong valuable and exciting experiences.
We accomplish our mission by:
- funding scholarships for the Georgia State University and the University of Georgia students to participate in international piano master classes in Paris, France, and Valldemossa, Majorca.
- organizing annual competitions about Chopin’s life – “Chopin in Art”
- subsidizing concert tickets for music students
- providing prizes for the participants of our popular after-concert essay contests
- providing nearly 100 annual awards to local music festival and piano competition winners
- inviting young artists to perform at our fundraising events
- funding university-level master classes by visiting artists
The Elżbieta and Krzysztof Krawczyński Fund
The Elżbieta and Krzysztof Krawczyński Fund for the Chopin Society of Atlanta was established in 2016 by Drs. Anna and Richard Paré to honor Anna’s late parents and their lifelong commitment to music, education, scientific research, and public service. The purpose of the Fund is to create opportunities for young people to enrich their music skills and foster the appreciation of classical music through various programs, including scholarships for four Georgia State University and University of Georgia piano students to participate in prestigious international master classes in Paris and Valldemossa.
Email at email@example.com